GDAP GameOn 2021
GDAP’s Game On Challenge started as a category at the industry awards night in 2011. The original concept is to encourage students and schools to start developing games and look to becoming future game developers. Through the years GDAP has expanded the category to become a stand-alone award brand that will embody the best of Filipino talent. Starting 2016, GDAP consolidated the student awards and industry awards under “Game On!”.
This initiative aims to promote the spirit of game development and creation among the youth, hobbyist and professionals alike, in addition the event also ensures the continuous creation of ideas and developers that will liven the local ecosystem to work and grow.
GAME ON 2021 TRACKS:
- School – these are student projects submitted to schools for credit (capstone / thesis, game project, etc.) [up to 8 maximum members]
- Professionals – these are projects developed by studios or professional teams or teams formed by students from different schools.
Note: Similar categories per track and all game projects mainly developed in the Philippines.
MECHANICS AND DETAILS:
- Game must have been developed between September 30, 2019 and September 30, 2021.
- Teams must indicate a “point-person” for coordination purposes with GDAP.
- All participating schools must declare any third-party software, royalty-free music, sounds or assets purchased or downloaded and used when creating the game. They must ensure there are no legal disputes.
- Registration and submission will be done online
- Note: GDAP will not be hosting any files but will be requiring participating students to give the URL of their entries.
- Entries entered in other competitions or game jams can be submitted as long as it was developed under the time period (September 30, 2019 – September 30, 2021 for schools. Aug 30, 2019 – Sept 31, 2021 for professionals).
- Submission of entries will be on or before October 30, 2021 (until 11:59pm) through here.
- There will be a total of 20 teams shortlisted with 10 for each track
- Required files/info for submission: (non-submission or lack off will result to disqualification)
- Fill up the Form (School: https://forms.gle/4bdTJzUTHPKrjyN57, Professional: https://forms.gle/3dX9qTmRmGMKAh8m7)
- Required max 30 second game play video.
- Executable File or APK, Web URL, etc. (please provide 5 redeem codes if it’s paid game)
- Installation Instructions
- Judging for Game On! Will be done in November 2021.
- Due to Covid situation no awards night will be held this year. Game On Result will be published and streamed online on November 27, 2021.
GAME CATEGORIES (PER TRACK)
|Mobile / Handheld||Games that promote a brand or product.|
|Desktop / Console||Games implemented on the desktop or console platform.|
|AR / VR / MR||Games implemented using AR/VR/MR.|
|AdverGame / Advertising Game||Games that promotes a brand or product.|
|Edutainment / Educational Game||The use of game technology in teaching and/or learning.|
|Serious Game||Games with a social cause.|
|Innovation Award||The use of new technologies or techniques in game development.|
|Gameplay||The best implementation of game play and mechanics in a video game. Making the game to be engaging and fun.|
|Game Art||Recognizing excellence in the visual art of a game, including design, art direction, modeling, etc.|
|Music and Sound Design||Recognizes originally created music and sound implemented in a game project (game must be running).|
|Narrative / Story||Recognizes a game that incorporates the best narrative or most original and engaging storyline.|
|Special Categories / Awards:|
|Game of the Year||The embodiment of what is best about originally created Filipino games (1 per track).|
|Game Tools||Any generic tools or plug-in that is created to help other game developers.|
|Trophy of Honor||These are games (that are not entries to Game On) and / or individuals and / or groups that the local industry would like to “honor” for placing the country in the global map of game development and / or contributing to its overall maturity and growth.|
DEADLINE OF SUBMISSION GAME ON!
Here are the important dates to remember for the Game On!
|September 30, 2019 to September 30, 2021||Allowed Period of Development|
|October 30, 2021||Deadline for Online Registration and Submission|
|November, 2021||Judging Period|
|November 27, 2021||Announcement of Winners|